Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 3

"If you wish to grow thinner, diminish your dinner."
-Henry Sambrooke Leigh

I have a challenge for all of you. Every night this week, when you make your plate for dinner of how much food you normally would put on it, or when your food comes to your table at a restaurant and take the total amount and cut it completely in half. I know you think, "I will still be hungry Hannah, I don't want to do this!"
I promise after finishing your newly portioned meal, you will feel satisfied. You may not be stuffed, but you will be satisfied and that is how we are supposed to feel. American portions took ahold of our thought process and a lot of people have the thinking that bigger is better. Well now, that's why your wasteline, like mine, is bigger and it's not better. Come back in a week and leave me comments letting me know if you lost pounds, feel better, and/or learned portion control that you have now leaked into the rest of your daily meals. :)

After all of the holiday madness has passed, we have many gift cards to spend for "date night" out to eat at a few favorite restaurants. I was faced with my first test tonight, Red Lobster. Luckily with Weight Watchers(WW) you can eat what you want you just need to stay in your personal point range. Going there I had a plan, and all intentions on picking something healthy that I would feel good about eating and feel good about my choice. I ended up ordering a tilapia dish with a side of broccoli and a side salad. I ordered the half plate version and when my food came I immediately asked for a to go container to cut the food in half and put it away for portion control. I allowed myself to have one of their amazing cheese bisquits but I didn't even want to finish it because it was way to salty for my personal preference. The tilapia had a baked parmesan crust on it that was very tasty but I'm sure the buttery cheese made it very high in points.
By the end of the meal, I was satisfied and not stuffed which is the number one rule. I really don't know the point value and I haven't became a wizard of all food point values so I decided it would be fair to just give up my entire weekly allowance of 49 points and my dinner allowance that I had left over which was approx 20 to this meal just to be safe.


All in all today was a good fat loss day. Every Wednesday evening I will be attending my WW meetings and weighing in so on Wednesdays blog I will post weekly how well or not well I did. Starting Monday I am going to begin my physical activity. So stay tuned :)

6 comments:

  1. Yellow my love! Your doing great! Red lobster was amazing tonight I'm def gunna continue ordering my pound in a half of crab legs!! I'm proud of you baby keep up the good work!! I love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek I am SO proud of you. I am also jealous. I wish I had the will power to do something like that (the to-go container right away idea). I think you are beautiful woman inside and out :) But the most important thing for someone is to feel good about themselves and I wish you luck on your weight loss journey. I will read your blogs every day to stay tuned in with what's going on in your life! You can do it, I know you can. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done Red Lobster on ww. Pretty good choices there. I like the fire grilled shrimp skewers and salmon..and the crab legs minus the butter! lol no biscuits. side salad with the fat free vinagrette on the side. works out great! And they have a lot of the Red Lobster points online so all you have to do is look them up. I like everything on the wood fire grilled menu; soooo tastey. I found it kind of fun to find stuff at different restaurants that fit into the plan. ......Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found all kinds of point values on for red lobster sherry it's just the points plus program is so much different than the old points. I'm totally fine with just giving up my weekly allowance for that visit. I'm not having any trouble of going over daily at all so I will probably end up with them left over anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they updated the points on the website Hannah to be up to par with the points plus program. Bums me out since I knew the old program like the back of my hand....regardless, it all comes out to about the same food for me, since they are giving more points per day, yet charging more points per food (except my veggies and fruit!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the free veggies and fruit :)

    ReplyDelete