Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 35-Weigh in Wednesday!

Weigh in Wednesday... -3.4

I am so happy about that number. When I stepped on the scale I didn't think I'd have that big of a loss because I have been sick and very unmotivated being head clogged and all. It just goes to show that when you stick to the plan you can get results(even during Super bowl week)!
The topic we discussed this week is one that we all suffer from; Eating when you aren't hungry, and how do we stop it?! I know when I get bored or when I'm watching movies I ALWAYS want popcorn. I could be stuffed and still want popcorn.
We were given ideas to "help" when you are suffering from the top four reasons we emotionally eat; bored, sadness, stress, and angry.

Boredom- When you are bored and want to reach for your "go to" favorites try making a list of fun things you can do around your house so when you go to reach for the fridge, or pantry you can remind yourself to do otherwise. For me, my "To do" list works the best. Also, you can do a crossword puzzle or read; something that will engage your brain.

Sadness- Go for a powerwalk or jump-rope, something that will boost your endorphins. Or call someone who will make you laugh.

Stress- Try heading outside for a quick walk to clear your head to build up calorie free energy.

Anger- Write down in a journal or a piece of paper whats making you so angry. The best thing for me is to go for a drive and to scream or imaginary talk back to who/what ever made me angry.

This week we are supposed to really focus on our feelings and try to gauge how hungry we REALLY feel.
Which type of emotional eating do you suffer from most and have you found a cure?!

4 comments:

  1. I suffer from all of those emotional eating reasons. Most boredom. When we are home and just hanging out I am always wanting to go into the kitchen to eat. I feel like Ive been eating more since we've moved out too. I dont really know why that is. Also been eating alot of unhealthy food because its cheap. I would say my BIGGEST weakness is ice cream. And I think the best cure for me personally would be to just NOT buy that kinda food that I know I am going to crave when I am bored...or sad...or angry lol Youre doing a great job, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about NOT buying your problem foods... Helps fight your temptations. And unhealthy foods are cheaper! It's tough because you have a budget to buy food so sometimes you just have to buy the cheap stuff because you need to feed yourself and your family.. And get as much as you can with what money you are allowed to spend on food that week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bored...The kitchen is always calling me....<3 Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. to dad...the kids are always complaining you don't have any food in your kitchen ;(

    ReplyDelete