Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 33- Super Bowl Commercials

Because we know nothing about football in our house we decided to chose Green Bay as our team at the beginning of the game because everyones always talking about the Steelers. We decided to go with the team we knew nothing about, we gave them a chance! I guess we chose right because they came out winning!
Enough about the game.. And on to more important stuff- the commercials. I was disappointed this year. I will start off with the negatives - uninteresting car ads. This year a 30 second slot was 2.5 million and 2.8 million, which is down from 3 million last year. I was wondering how the car companies, who have been begging for bailouts could have so many spots? Well, whatever the reason I was bored of it. There were a few creative that I enjoyed but the rest were snoozers. Now on to my favorites! There were three ads that stuck in my mind and of course Bud Light and Doritos came through for me this year.
I really enjoyed Doritos, Are you done yet? and Grandpa back from the grave. I thought that they were very creative and both made me laugh. My bud light choice wasn't as great, I really didn't even like the ad as a whole but I loved the message. The commercial when they were on set and they have a 'product placement'. I enjoyed how they "overdid" and mocked how product placement can sometimes cloud out the actual story line or content of a film/show.

Which were your favorite? Which one do you never want to see again?

1 comment:

  1. Yello darling I really liked the Justin bieber commercial and also the are u done yet doritos! The worse one to me was prolly the one that lasted a half hour they call halftime def will never get those 30 minutes of my life back! I would have rather watched R Kelly pee on 12 year olds for a half hour but anyways I'm looking forward to eating those ribs sometime soon but great job on the lasagna tonight!!! I love you

    ReplyDelete