Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 27- Those old darn jeans

Today is laundry day and I have spent most of it up in my closet wondering how I ended up with so many clothes. I was thinking about how we all have at least one article of clothing we own that we keep because we think we will fit into it again. I have many pairs of pants and a few cute tops I keep hanging in my closet thinking I could wear them again. My mother always says she never understands why she keeps the old clothes, when she gets thin it's time to go shopping to celebrate the weight loss, not wear the old stuff that have been sitting for years! I agree with her completely but for some reason I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it.
Jay and I did a little cleaning of our closet when he got home from Afghanistan in July and we took 3 garbage bags full of clothes to salvation army. How do I still have so many clothes?! Maybe I need a round two and round three of closet cleaning.
Although I hate shopping, which I believe goes along with never finding anything that fits because of being overweight. I would love to give everything away in my closet and have an entire makeover with a shopping spree. I think all the ladies reading this would agree. I am going to make one of my goals, when I get down to my goal weight I give away five old outfits(dusty jeans I havent fit in, in 5 years!) and replace them with fresh new jeans that I will never let go in the back of my closet to get dusty ever again!

What do you keep deep in your closet that you wish you will fit into someday again?

3 comments:

  1. Hey baby! I def have no problem letting u go on a shopping spree your doing great staying motivated and doing the right thing! And ur no different than any other girl u have millions of items of clothes either way hehe I actually hope I don't fit into any of my stuff ever again cuz I'm getting so buff but something tells me my shirts are going to fit very good after ranger shool :-( but what evs I will gain that muscle back! Stay motivated and go shopping darling! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing. My reasons are different...I just can't throw away good stuff, money I've spent. Seems like a waste. On a side note- I was glad I kept some of them as I was losing the weight. it was nice to have something that I could "fit into" again until I could go shopping for a more updated look. Now I have given away my fat clothes. Bags and bags of them. Felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you def could go for some new jeans sis lol i know youve literally been holding on to jeans for years! great goal and reward for yourself im so proud!! can i come shopping with you hehe love you!
    ~A

    ReplyDelete