Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 9

"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want."

This quote makes me realize all the other times I've tried to go on diets and I fail. It makes me really want to honor my decision and reach for my goal so much more than I have ever felt before.
I want to be happier, I want to be thinner, and I want to be healthy. This is a project I will finish, among many I haven't. Everyday is a new day. I need to start thinking about tackling that one day in the morning when I wake up, and months down the line I will look back and feel as if the time flew by. Sometimes I wish I could just skip ahead through time to my goal and skip all the hard work. But then I remember I am the one who got myself here and if I don't do the work to get healthier, there will be no memories of the pain and dedication to maintain what I accomplish.

What is it that you are working towards accomplishing?

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up baby! I am working on being a beast! As u kno I reached a goal of mine tonight Benching 215 lbs for the first time ever on my own! I tried 220 two times and couldn't get it all the way up but I will get it soon! U can only get better step by step day by day! Stay motivated baby girl ur doing great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Baby!!!!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a day to day marathon.

    i can only focus on this day. and within this day, i can only focus on this particular hour. and within this hour, i can make the healthy decisions that will get me to where i aspire to be.

    if i think of the big picture, it's too much.

    i would never have guessed i would be in the position to even have to lose this much weight. i did it to myself and i am the only one that can do the work to change it. it's a lonely journey. and it's full of self conflict. but be strong and keep your eye on your goal...one pound at a time.

    hugs,

    your biggest fan ;)

    ReplyDelete