Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 17

No going out to dinner this weekend!

Today is a beautiful day out here. The sun is shining and the temperature is 55. We spent the morning running errands and hitting the gym. We took the dogs out for a walk for the first time in ages. It's always too wet here. They were exhaused! It will be nice to have them zonked out tonight.

I have a new favorite lunch that I'm going to share because it's to die for. I love hummus, and since I began this journey my taste buds have become obsessed.

Start with a tomato basil high fiber wrap. Take 1 Tbsp of hummus and spread all over. Put as much lettuce as you please, and top it off with 3 slices of turkey. You can obviously add all kinds of different vegetables but I love the taste of hummus way to much to cover it. It all comes out to 7 points. It's so filling and very yummy! I usually top off the lunch with some cauliflower and/or an apple on the side, depending on my hunger that day! Try it and let me know :)

Wrap- 3 points
Turkey, 3 slices- 3 points
Hummus, 1 Tbsp- 1 Point

If you don't want to go all out, for a snack I use a few leaves off of a head of lettuce. Smear the 1 Tbsp on, divided, on the few leaves and you have a mid day snack for only 1 point. It helps cut out the carbs and the use of your points by not using pita/bread as a dipper.

Does anyone have any genius snack pairings to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment