Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 14... Two weeks down

Well the news is bad. I am very surprised from all the exercise I've done this week. I gained one pound?! When I found that out I just felt very empty and disappointed in myself. There's no way my ice cream mishap almost a week ago caused me to gain one pound. Well I guess it was just the week 2 curse and I need to be extra motivated to lose big numbers this up coming week. Maybe I gained muscle? Oh well, whatever it is I will learn and move on.
When I got home I made a large salad and cooked some chicken on the grill to add to it. On the side I had a bowl of fresh strawberries and oranges. How can a person not lose weight when eating like this? Ouch, I told myself to move on. So anyways, I spent a while in the gym today trying to do a 'last chance workout'. I get so bored on the ellipticals, I found it motivating to look at the persons time next to me and act as if it's my time and mentally challenge myself to stay on longer than them no matter what. Does anyone have a good technique to rid the boredom? I also enjoy watching TV shows so I don't focus my attention on how much time I have left, but my gym on base never has anything worth watching.
Well I need to face this week head on. Maybe adding 30 minutes to my gym time and not allowing Jay to take me out to dinner this weekend will help me step up my game!

2 comments:

  1. Makes no sense Hannah. Must be water retention or something from eating out that didn't allow your weight loss to show up. If you find yourself peeing a lot, you'll know you're losing some weight! lol hang in there. It will come off. My sister always said the efforts showed up a week later....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello darling I personally think u gained muscle u worked out pretty hard this past week! But either way don't be discouraged you doing good! The way i always stay motivated in a crossfit/cardio work out is to make it a competition I know that hard to do when you don't have a partner but like u said look at the people around u and say to yourself I'm going to go faster and harder then them until they quit! Maybe someone will realize what ur doing and try to race u back lol or look at the clock and set a time and say I am going to get to this distance before this time is over! Good luck dolly

    ReplyDelete