Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 12


I GOT A NEW TOY :) So we got our tax check from 2009 a few days ago, because Jason was deployed we waited until he was home and of course we procrastinated to get them done but we were so excited to get the check because we are slowly trying to build a home gym. We went out right away and got Jason all hooked up with a weight bench and all the items he needed for it to be complete. He still needs random dumbbells and a few odds and ends but he's happy with the basics right now. I have been contimplating on what I wanted to use some of the money for, well I did it, I got a upright fitness bike so I can at least get some cardio in at the house without having to drive all the way to base to hit the gym. It will be saving up some gas money for sure. It's the coolest contraption, It has a WiFi slot to plug in and you can plan out a route on Google maps so you can picture where you are riding. Also, there are special workouts you can buy on an SD card format and all you do is plug in like a memory card and BOOM you've got yourself some variety!
It's understandable to have days you don't want to drive to the gym but the Army post is just way to out of the way and the traffic out here is unheard of.

We ended up going to Famous Daves barbecue for dinner last night, Jay REALLY wanted ribs. I did't stick to my plan the best I should have. But I wanted to just enjoy myself for once and not calculate all the items I was eating. Any other time I would have thought, well I splurged on dinner so I might as well get popcorn at the movie. No. I did not do that. I went right back to my plan and will be hitting my bike double time before my weigh in on Wednesday.

We spent the entire day cleaning our carpets yesterday, it was really nice to get out of the house for an evening. We had a blast, on our way home we stopped in to Walmart so we could pick up a few items we needed. I had to get more Clementines, they are my saving grace when I start to crave anything remotely sweet. Do you have any go-to fruits, or healthy recipes to share with me involving your favorite fruits? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment