Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day-49 Portion Control

Todays weigh-in : -7.6
Total amount lost: 19.9

Portion control is tricky business. We all have problems with our portions, and the packaging of our favorite foods can make us think we are eating the correct amount but in reality we are eating double or triple the serving size. One thing I love about weight watchers is that I don't have to give up all my favorite foods, I get to keep eating the things I enjoy I just have to keep an eye on the portion.

There are a few tricks for measuring food when you don't have any measuring utensils handy.
Using your hand is the best way to show your brain what a portion should look like when your away from home.
Fist = 1 cup
Thumb (Tip to base) = 1 oz meat of cheese
Thumb tip (Tip to first joint) = 1 Tbsp.
Fingertip (Tip to first joint) = 1 tsp.
Cupped hand = 1-2 oz. of nuts or pretzels
Palm (minus fingers) = 3 oz. meat fish or poultry

If you have ever been on any kind of diet it gets quite repetitive and annoying to always be measuring, sometimes you just want to eat! I find using the palm trick for my protein comes in handy so I don't have to pull out the scale for every meal.

What do you use to measure your portions?

No comments:

Post a Comment