Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 31- What are your Super Bowl plans?

Sorry about the lack of writing. A nasty bug has been going around at Jays work and of course I had to catch it.
I've been so excited about the Super Bowl coming up, but not for the game because if you know us personally we are not sports fans. We watch for the commercials and the halftime show, yes we are those "people"! I also enjoy it for the socializing, food and beer. I've been struggling all week on how I should handle the big Sunday. For Jay, I'm making up a batch of short ribs and for myself I've found a few interesting recipes on the Weight Watchers website. Who doesn't love potatos? I thought this recipe looked scrumptious. It makes up 8 servings at 5 Points a piece.

Crispy Chipotle Potato Skins

Ingredients
4 large uncooked potato(es), baking-variety, cooked, cooled and quartered lengthwise
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder, or chipotle chili powder
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
6 slice(s) cooked canadian-style bacon, finely chopped
3/4 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 medium tomato(es), diced
3 medium scallion(s), finely chopped
1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream

Instructions
*Preheat oven to 425°F. Scoop out flesh of potatoes, leaving a thin layer of potato flesh in potato. (Reserve remaining potato flesh for another use such as mashed potatoes.)
*In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush insides of potato wedges with oil mixture. Place potato wedges in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet; sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
*Bake until cheese melts and potatoes are heated through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with tomatoes and scallions; serve with sour cream on the side. Yields 2 potato skins and about 2 tablespoons sour cream per serving.


Our plans are to just lay around and enjoy the Super Bowl at home this year. With me being sick and all, I really don't want to spread this bug any further! What are your plans for this Sunday? Are you having a party and making any great recipes to share?

1 comment:

  1. Chipotle Potato Skins sounds goooood....<3 Dad

    ReplyDelete